A happy Archer premiere day to you! The offseason means football-less Thursdays, but FX steps up in the gridiron’s absence. The L.A. Times has a great review of the series. And while it may not be football, Craig James is nowhere in sight.
Elsewhere in Pac-12 Country, the departure of Cal defensive line coach and recruiting guru Tosh Lupoi to Washington has a ripple effect, according to Sports Illustrated’s Stewart Mandel. Riding high on the wave is, obviously, Washington. The Husky Haul analyzes the move’s impact on defensive line recruiting throughout the conference.
More links after the jump.
- Gunner Kiel joining Notre Dame is a crown jewel in what could be a massive haul for Brian Kelly at Notre Dame. The Subway Domer‘s recruiting note book has more.
- Speaking of recruits, don’t speak to recruits. That’s the message In The Bleacher‘s Michael Felder and others are pushing this recruiting season.
- Maryland’s refurbished staff continues to come together. Randy Edsall’s latest addition is defensive coordinator Brian Stewart, and Terrapin Station breaks down the hire.
- Oregon State’s Reser Stadium is one of the more downtrodden venues in the Pac-12, but the Beavers could be making some updates in order to compete with in-state rival Oregon. BeaverByte.com looks at a proposed plan.
- Among the changes Jim McElwain will bring to Colorado State is one at quarterback. That’s because Pete Thomas is leaving Fort Collins, per MTNWestReport.com.
- Each year building towards the NFL Draft, small school products begin to catch national attention. One name to remember in 2012 is Coastal Carolina’s Josh Norman, a cornerback who NFLMocks.com writes impressed at East-West Shrine Game practices.