• The building buzz around Louisville football as the Cardinals open fall camp translates to the recruiting trail. UL landed a commitment from high three-star defensive tackle Poona Ford on Tuesday. Big Red Louie has notes on and highlights of Ford, a product of Hilton Head, S.C.
• With several returning starters back in the fold and the renovated Husky Stadium reopening, promise is high for the Washington Huskies 2013 season. UW is one of the most veteran teams in the Pac-12, but head coach Steve Sarkisian has critical decisions to make in a few key position battles, which The Husky Haul examine.
• Auburn Tigers running back Tre Mason surpassed 1,000 yards in 2012, but his breakout campaign failed to draw much national attention. Mason is determined to prove himself in 2013, and according to AL.com, has set a goal of 1,500 rushing yards.
• The Notre Dame Fighting Irish began the encore of their surprise BCS championship game run on Monday. Notre Dame welcomes a loaded recruiting class. Slap The Sign takes a first look at some of the Irish newcomers in its fall camp rundown.
• Boise State tight end Gabe Linehan is making his return from a hamstring injury that sidelined him most of 2012 and limited him during spring practices. The Idaho Statesman reports Linehan has impressed in the early phases of Bronco fall camp.
• Villanova.com previews a resurgent Wildcat offense, which flourished last season under freshman quarterback John Robertson. Robertson won the Jerry Rice Award, presented to the nation’s top freshman in FCS.
• The RedRaiders.com notebook of Tuesday’s Texas Tech fall camp touches on several items, but most noteworthy is head coach Kliff Kingsbury addressing the team’s quarterback situation. Kingsbury said “I don’t know” on the topic of a clear-cut starter.
Michael Brewer has been the popular candidate to replace Seth Doege, but Davis Webb is in the mix for these coming weeks.
The below video is via RedRaiders.com: